A website for our community.
Dairsie War Memorial Hall
Welcome to the page for Dairsie War Memorial Village Hall
The hall is a registered war memorial. At the end of The Great War, a gift of a plot of land to the village by local farmer, together with fundraising efforts of the villagers, saw the Dairsie War Memorial Hall built.
The hall was completed and opened in 1922 at which time a memorial plaque was unveiled listing the names of the 14 local men who gave their lives. In 2015 the memorial plaque was refurbished and a new plaque was placed and dedicated in memory of those from the village who lost their lives in the second world war.
The hall is well used and central part of life in the village and regularly hosts parties and other social events for the village. The hall is available for hire for private parties (you don't have to live in the village to rent it) and is complete with its own bar and kitchen.